What Dragonframe Does
Dragonframe is the premier frame-grabbing software for stop motion animation and time-lapse photography. Using the live view of a supported digital camera, Dragonframe provides video assist tools for the animator, and is the central hub for capturing and organizing the high-resolution frames from your camera.
Dragonframe is an excellent frame-grabber, with tools such as step-to-live, onionskinning, auto-toggling, and drawing (virtual grease pencil). Dragonframe has innovated in the world of stop motion software by pushing the functionality beyond frame grabbing to provide a full assortment of production tools.
The five workspaces of Dragonframe software provide these tools:
- Animation tools for video assist, frame-grabbing, and editing
- Cinematography tools to check focus, set exposure, and make sure you get the perfect shot
- Full lighting automation with the DDMX-512
- Integrated audio and dialogue track reading tools
- Multi-axis move editor to quickly program complex camera moves
Whether you are an independent filmmaker working on a project in your garage, a small crew working on a commercial, or a major studio making a feature film, you will find that Dragonframe has the tools you need to create amazing stop motion animation.
Dragonframe software 30-day free trial
Full list of features in Dragonframe
Inspiring stop motion projects filmed with Dragonframe
List of supported cameras
Stop motion video tutorials