sony alpha a6400
Dragonframe 4.1.8: YES
Dragonframe 3.7.3: NO
Dragon Stop Motion 2.3.8: NO
(Dragonframe was previously called Dragon Stop Motion)
The Sony Alpha A6400 provides a live view via its USB connection. The live view size is 1024 x 680.
Dragonframe controls the Sony Alpha A6400 ISO, shutter speed, aperture (with digital lens), image quality, and size.
Dragonframe cannot control focus or provide focus check (live view magnification) with this camera.
You can find the Sony Alpha A6400 manual and specifications at the Sony website.
- Power your camera by AC power if possible.
- - If you do use a battery, make sure it is fully charged.
- - If you use AC power, remove the battery.
- Close any other applications that might connect to your camera.
- - For Mac OS X, Open Image Capture, select your camera, then in pop up area in lower-left select Connection camera opens: No application. (See Picture)
- Make sure Dropbox is not a client of the camera.
- You may need to quit Google Backup and Sync, since it can interfere with the camera even if you turn off syncing.
- If you have anti-virus software, white-list Dragonframe so that it may access your camera.
- Create a new scene or open an existing scene. (Dragonframe will not connect to your camera unless you have a scene open.)
- Set the Shoot Mode to Manual Exposure (M).
- Set USB Connection to PC Remote.
The camera will not connect unless you do this.
- Set HDMI Settings : HDMI Info. Display to Off.
- Set Long Exposure NR to Off. (Unless you want to wait a long time after each shot.)
- Set Live View Display : Setting Effect to ON.
- Set DRO/Auto HDR to OFF.
- Connect your camera to the computer with an appropriate USB cable.