sony alpha a5000
Dragonframe 4.2.0: YES
Dragonframe 3.7.3: NO
Dragon Stop Motion 2.3.8: NO
(Dragonframe was previously called Dragon Stop Motion)
The Sony Alpha A5000 provides a live view over HDMI. This camera requires a separate connection to the computer, via a Blackmagic capture device, to access the live view. We do not recommend this setup, because it is complicated and fairly expensive. Please consider a used Canon EOS that we support instead.
Dragonframe controls the Sony Alpha A5000 ISO, shutter speed, aperture (with digital lens), image quality, and size.
Dragonframe cannot control focus or provide focus check (live view magnification) with this camera.
You can find the Sony Alpha A5000 manual and specifications at the Sony website.
- Power your camera by AC power if possible.
- - If you do use a battery, make sure it is fully charged.
- - If you use AC power, remove the battery.
- Close any other applications that might connect to your camera.
- - For macOS, Open Image Capture, select your camera, then in pop up area in lower-left select Connection camera opens: No application. (See Picture)
- Make sure Dropbox is not a client of the camera.
- You may need to quit Google Backup and Sync, since it can interfere with the camera even if you turn off syncing.
- If you have anti-virus software, white-list Dragonframe so that it may access your camera.
- Create a new scene or open an existing scene. (Dragonframe will not connect to your camera unless you have a scene open.)
- Set the Shoot Mode to Manual Exposure (M).
- Set USB Connection to PC Remote.
The camera will not connect unless you do this.
- Set Live View Display : Setting Effect to ON.
- Set DRO/Auto HDR to OFF.
- Connect your camera to the computer with an appropriate USB cable.
- Connect your camera's HDMI output to the computer through a compatible Blackmagic Design capture device. (Do not connect HDMI directly to the computer!)
- If you have followed all of these instructions, and the camera does not appear in Dragonframe, but does appear in Sony Imaging Edge, follow the instructions in our FAQ to resolve the issue.