Dragonframe 4.1.10: YES
Dragonframe 3.7.3: YES
Dragon Stop Motion 2.3.8: NO
(Dragonframe was previously called Dragon Stop Motion)
The Nikon D800e provides a live view via its USB connection. The live view size is 640 x 426.
The Nikon live view does not have live view exposure simulation.
Dragonframe controls the Nikon D800e ISO, shutter speed, aperture (with digital lens), image quality, and size.
- Power your camera by AC power if possible.
- - If you do use a battery, make sure it is fully charged.
- - If you use AC power, remove the battery.
- Close any other applications that might connect to your camera.
- - For Mac OS X, Open Image Capture, select your camera, then in pop up area in lower-left select Connection camera opens: No application. (See Picture)
- Make sure Dropbox is not a client of the camera.
- You may need to quit Google Backup and Sync, since it can interfere with the camera even if you turn off syncing.
- If you have anti-virus software, white-list Dragonframe so that it may access your camera.
- Create a new scene or open an existing scene. (Dragonframe will not connect to your camera unless you have a scene open.)
- Set the Mode Dial to Manual (M).
- Put the camera into live view mode and set Focus Mode to AF-S. (Then take camera out of live view mode.)
- Set the lens' Focus Mode to AF if you want to control focus from Dragonframe.
- Set Auto Image Rotation to Off.
- Set Lens to Manual Focus and disable Vibration Reduction.
- You may need to remove the CF/SD memory card.
- Set the Live view selector (on back of camera) to Live view photography.
- If you need to use a flash/strobe, you must set Silent Live View Photography to Off.
- Connect your camera to the computer with an appropriate USB cable.