canon eos rp
Dragonframe 5.0.7: YES
Dragonframe 4.2.8: YES
Dragonframe 3.7.4: NO
Dragon Stop Motion 2.3.8: NO
(Dragonframe was previously called Dragon Stop Motion)
The Canon EOS RP provides a live view via its USB connection. The live view size is 960 x 640. If you have Canon's stop motion animation firmware, the live view is 1920 x 1280.
Stop Motion Animation Firmware
Canon offers a special stop motion animation firmware with HD live view, focus peaking, aperture lock, and focus programming.
Dragonframe controls the Canon EOS RP ISO, shutter speed, aperture (with digital lens), image quality, and size.
- Power your camera by AC power if possible.
- - If you do use a battery, make sure it is fully charged.
- - If you use AC power, remove the battery.
- Close any other applications that might connect to your camera.
- - For macOS, Open Image Capture, select your camera, then in pop up area in lower-left select Connection camera opens: No application. (See Picture)
- Make sure Dropbox is not a client of the camera.
- You may need to quit Google Backup and Sync, since it can interfere with the camera even if you turn off syncing.
- If you have anti-virus software, white-list Dragonframe so that it may access your camera.
- Create a new scene or open an existing scene. (Dragonframe will not connect to your camera unless you have a scene open.)
- Set the Mode Dial to Manual (M).
- Set Auto Power Off to Off.
- Set Auto rotate to Off.
- Set Lens to Auto Focus and disable Image Stabilization.
(This step applies to digital lenses. However, we recommend you use a manual aperture lens as described above.)
- You may need to remove the CF/SD memory card.
- Set Exposure Simulation to Enable.
- Set Release shutter without card to ON or Enable.
- Set Cropping/aspect-ratio to FULL.
- Set Release shutter without lens to Enable if you plan to use a non-Canon lens.
- Turn OFF the camera's WiFi connection, if it has one. Otherwise it can interfere with the USB connection.
- Connect your camera to the computer with an appropriate USB cable.