canon eos 700d
Canon EOS Rebel T5i
Canon EOS Kiss X7i
Dragonframe 4.2.5: YES
Dragonframe 3.7.4: YES
Dragon Stop Motion 2.3.8: NO
(Dragonframe was previously called Dragon Stop Motion)
The Canon EOS 700D provides a live view via its USB connection. The live view size is 960 x 640.
Dragonframe controls the Canon EOS 700D ISO, shutter speed, aperture (with digital lens), image quality, and size.
- Power your camera by AC power if possible.
- - If you do use a battery, make sure it is fully charged.
- - If you use AC power, remove the battery.
- Close any other applications that might connect to your camera.
- - For macOS, Open Image Capture, select your camera, then in pop up area in lower-left select Connection camera opens: No application. (See Picture)
- Make sure Dropbox is not a client of the camera.
- You may need to quit Google Backup and Sync, since it can interfere with the camera even if you turn off syncing.
- If you have anti-virus software, white-list Dragonframe so that it may access your camera.
- Create a new scene or open an existing scene. (Dragonframe will not connect to your camera unless you have a scene open.)
- Set the Mode Dial to Manual (M).
- Set Auto Power Off to Off.
- Set Auto rotate to Off.
- Set Lens to Auto Focus and disable Image Stabilization.
(This step applies to digital lenses. However, we recommend you use a manual aperture lens as described above.)
- You may need to remove the CF/SD memory card.
- Set the Live View shooting/Movie shooting button to Live View Shooting.
- Set Release shutter without card to ON or Enable.
- Set Live View shooting AF mode to Quick mode or Live mode (but NOT face detection mode).
- Set Auto Lighting Optimizer to Off.
- Set Aspect ratio to 3:2.
- Turn OFF the camera's WiFi connection, if it has one. Otherwise it can interfere with the USB connection.
- Connect your camera to the computer with an appropriate USB cable.