canon eos 5d mark ii
Dragonframe 4.1.10: YES
Dragonframe 3.7.3: YES
Dragon Stop Motion 2.3.8: YES
(Dragonframe was previously called Dragon Stop Motion)
The Canon EOS 5D Mark II provides a live view via its USB connection. The live view size is 1024 x 680.
Dragonframe controls the Canon EOS 5D Mark II ISO, shutter speed, aperture (with digital lens), image quality, and size.
You can find the Canon EOS 5D Mark II manual and specifications at the Canon website.
Manual Lens to Avoid Flicker
To avoid flicker that can be caused by electronically controlled aperture lenses, please use a manual Nikon lens ('D' series). Learn More about Aperture Flicker
Purchase at Amazon.com
Buy this camera, new or used, at Amazon.com (paid link):
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
- Power your camera by AC power if possible.
- - If you do use a battery, make sure it is fully charged.
- - If you use AC power, remove the battery.
- Close any other applications that might connect to your camera.
- - For Mac OS X, Open Image Capture, select your camera, then in pop up area in lower-left select Connection camera opens: No application. (See Picture)
- Make sure Dropbox is not a client of the camera.
- You may need to quit Google Backup and Sync, since it can interfere with the camera even if you turn off syncing.
- If you have anti-virus software, white-list Dragonframe so that it may access your camera.
- Create a new scene or open an existing scene. (Dragonframe will not connect to your camera unless you have a scene open.)
- Set the Mode Dial to Manual (M).
- Set Auto Power Off to Off.
- Set Auto rotate to Off.
- Set Lens to Auto Focus and disable Image Stabilization.
(This step applies to digital lenses. However, we recommend you use a manual aperture lens as described above.)
- You may need to remove the CF/SD memory card.
- Set the Live View shooting/Movie shooting button to Live View Shooting.
- Set Live View/Movie func. set : Silent shoot. to Disable if you use an external flash.
- Set live view Exposure Simulation to Enable.
- Set Release shutter without card to ON or Enable.
- Set Live View shooting AF mode to Quick mode or Live mode (but NOT face detection mode).
- Set Auto Lighting Optimizer to Off.
- Turn OFF the camera's WiFi connection, if it has one. Otherwise it can interfere with the USB connection.
- Set Mode Dial to Manual (M). Then Custom Config II -> Live View/Movie func. set. -> LV func. setting -> Stills only (click Next) -> Exposure Simulation.
- Connect your camera to the computer with an appropriate USB cable.