Dragonframe 5.0.7: YES
Dragonframe 4.2.8: YES
Dragonframe 3.7.4: NO
Dragon Stop Motion 2.3.8: NO
(Dragonframe was previously called Dragon Stop Motion)
The Nikon D3400 provides a live view via its USB connection. The live view size is 640 x 424.
The Nikon live view does not have live view exposure simulation.
Dragonframe controls the Nikon D3400 ISO, shutter speed, aperture (with digital lens), image quality, and size.
You can find the Nikon D3400 manual and specifications at the Nikon website.
Dragonframe does not provide focus check (live view magnification) with this camera.
Manual Lens to Avoid Flicker
To avoid flicker that can be caused by electronically controlled aperture lenses, please use a manual Nikon lens ('D' series). Learn More about Aperture Flicker
- Power your camera by AC power if possible.
- - If you do use a battery, make sure it is fully charged.
- - If you use AC power, remove the battery.
- Close any other applications that might connect to your camera.
- - For macOS, Open Image Capture, select your camera, then in pop up area in lower-left select Connection camera opens: No application. (See Picture)
- Make sure Dropbox is not a client of the camera.
- You may need to quit Google Backup and Sync, since it can interfere with the camera even if you turn off syncing.
- If you have anti-virus software, white-list Dragonframe so that it may access your camera.
- Create a new scene or open an existing scene. (Dragonframe will not connect to your camera unless you have a scene open.)
- Set the Mode Dial to Manual (M).
- Put the camera into live view mode and set Focus Mode to AF-S. (Then take camera out of live view mode.)
- Set the lens' Focus Mode to AF if you want to control focus from Dragonframe.
- Set Auto Image Rotation to Off.
- If you use a Nikon digital lens, set Lens to Auto Focus and disable Vibration Reduction.
- You may need to remove the camera's memory card.
- If you need to use a flash/strobe, you must set Silent Live View Photography to Off.
- Connect your camera to the computer with an appropriate USB cable.