canon eos 100d
Canon EOS Digital Rebel SL1
Canon EOS Kiss X7
Dragonframe 4.1.6: YES
Dragonframe 3.7.3: YES
Dragon Stop Motion 2.3.8: NO
(Dragonframe was previously called Dragon Stop Motion)
The Canon EOS 100D provides a live view via its USB connection. The live view size is 960 x 640.
Dragonframe controls the Canon EOS 100D ISO, shutter speed, aperture (with digital lens), image quality, and size.
The manufacturer's product page for the Canon EOS 100D is here.
You can find the camera manual and specifications at this site.
Manual Lens to Avoid Flicker
To avoid flicker that can be caused by electronically controlled aperture lenses, please use a manual Nikon lens ('D' series). Read More
- Power your camera by AC power if possible.
- - If you do use a battery, make sure it is fully charged.
- - If you use AC power, remove the battery.
- Close any other applications that might connect to your camera.
- - For Mac OS X, Open Image Capture, select your camera, then in pop up area in lower-left select Connection camera opens: No application. (See Picture)
- Make sure Dropbox is not a client of the camera.
- You may need to quit Google Backup and Sync, since it can interfere with the camera even if you turn off synching.
- If you have anti-virus software, white-list Dragonframe so that it may access your camera.
- Create a new scene or open an existing scene. (Dragonframe will not connect to your camera unless you have a scene open.)
- Set the Mode Dial to Manual (M).
- Set Auto Power Off to Off.
- Set Auto rotate to Off.
- Set Lens to Auto Focus and disable Image Stabilization.
(This step applies to digital lenses. However, we recommend you use a manual aperture lens as described above.)
- You may need to remove the CF/SD memory card.
- Set the Live View shooting/Movie shooting button to Live View Shooting.
- Set Release shutter without card to ON or Enable.
- Set Live View Shoot. to Enabled.
- Set Red-eye reduc. to Disable.
- Set Live View shooting AF mode to Quick mode or Live mode (but NOT face detection mode).
- Set Auto Lighting Optimizer to Off.
- Set Aspect ratio to 3:2.
- Turn OFF the camera's WiFi connection, if it has one. Otherwise it can interfere with the USB connection.
- Connect your camera to the computer with an appropriate USB cable.