blackmagic production camera 4k
Dragonframe 5.0.7: YES
Dragonframe 4.2.8: YES
Dragonframe 3.7.4: YES
Dragon Stop Motion 2.3.8: NO
(Dragonframe was previously called Dragon Stop Motion)
The Blackmagic Production Camera 4K provides a live video stream over its Thunderbolt connection.
Dragonframe does not control this camera's settings.
This setup is for a specific Blackmagic Design camera. There are only two BMD cameras with direct Dragonframe support.
Newer cameras can be used by taking the HDMI output from the camera and bringing it into Dragonframe via another BMD capture device. We recommend using a supported still camera.
Dragonframe cannot currently capture DNG files from the Production Camera 4K, because that functionality is not available through the camera's Thunderbolt connection.
Captures 10-bit DPX or 16-bit TIFF (with 10-bit data) from devices that output 10-bit YUV output.
You can find the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K manual and specifications at the Blackmagic website.
- Make sure you have the latest Blackmagic Desktop Video software installed. Dragonframe won't detect your device without it.
- Connect the device to your computer via a Thunderbolt cable.
- In Dragonframe's Preferences | Capture, select Enable Blackmagic module and restart Dragonframe.
- Use the camera's SDI Mode to configure the resolution over Thunderbolt.
- macOS Note: If you have installed the Blackmagic Desktop Video software, and the device is connected, but the computer doesn't detect it, check System Preferences | Security and Privacy | General to see if the application has been blocked.