DRAGONFRAME MASTER CONTROLLER +
The DMC+ (Dragonframe Master Controller +) is a 16-axis motion control coordinator for use with Dragonframe software.
It provides eight powered stepper motor drivers (channels 1-8), and eight sets of differential step and direction signals for (channels 9-16).
It also provides a camera trigger, DMX512 lighting control, limit switch inputs, and a set of triggers for interfacing with an external device.
Dragonframe Master Controller +
- 8 x Geckodrive 250x stepper motor drivers, running at 30V and 1A/2A/3A.
- 8 x channels of step/direction signals for use with stepper motor drivers.
- Maximum stepping pulse rate of 200,000 steps/second (200 kHz).
- 8 x RJ45 jacks with differential and non-differential outputs for step and direction.
- 16 x limit switch inputs on DB25. (8 sets of low and high limits for motors 1-8).
- Camera trigger with separate metering and shutter outputs.
- DMX512 output to control up to 512 lights.
- I/O Triggers for interfacing DMC+/Dragonframe with another external device.
- Includes a relay, logic level out, a switch input, and an emergency stop input.
- Input Voltage: 115 VAC to 230 VAC.
- 1.5U rack mountable enclosure
- Dimensions: 19″ wide x 2.5″ tall x 13.5″ deep
- Weight: 10 lbs
- Power cord of your choice : US/UK/EU/None.
- USB cable (6′ length).
Q: What’s the difference between the DMC+ and the DMC-16?
A: The DMC+ has powered stepper motor drivers for channels 1-8, so you do not need your own stepper motor drivers to run most rigs. The DMC-16 only provides step/direction signals.
Q: What’s the difference between the DMC+ and using an Arduino for motion control? Why would I pay so much more for the DMC+?
A: The Arduino (with Dragonframe and our DFMoco sketch) is a great tool for motion control in stop motion and time-lapse, but it is very basic. It has a maximum motor speed of 20,000 steps/second, with fairly coarse acceleration/deceleration. The DMC+ is ten times as fast, which smoother acceleration and deceleration. The Arduino provides basic shoot-move-shoot capabilities, whereas the DMC+ can run moves at full speed. The DMC+ also provides full DMX lighting capabilities and triggers.
Q: Does the DMC+ include powered stepper motor drivers?
A: Yes, for channels 1-8. For channels 9-16 it provides differential step and direction signals over RJ45 connectors.
Q: Is the DMC+ genlockable?
A: No, it’s not.
Q: Is the the DMC+ as amazingly awesome as it appears to be?
A: Yes, it is.