blackmagic ultrastudio minirecorder
Dragonframe 5.0.7: YES
Dragonframe 4.2.8: YES
Dragonframe 3.7.4: YES
Dragon Stop Motion 2.3.8: NO
(Dragonframe was previously called Dragon Stop Motion)
The Blackmagic UltraStudio MiniRecorder provides a live video stream over its Thunderbolt connection.
Dragonframe does not control this camera's settings.
This Blackmagic device is not a camera, but a device for capturing HDMI (or SDI) into a form your computer can use.
It is useful for providing a video assist from another camera, but will not trigger high-resolution on it.
You can find the Blackmagic UltraStudio MiniRecorder manual and specifications at the Blackmagic website.
- Make sure you have the latest Blackmagic Desktop Video software installed. Dragonframe won't detect your device without it.
- Connect the device to your computer via a Thunderbolt cable.
- In Dragonframe's Preferences | Capture, select Enable Blackmagic module and restart Dragonframe.
- You may need to configure the device Input and Connection to match your camera's output. You can do this through the Capture | Video Settings... screen in Dragonframe.
- macOS Note: If you have installed the Blackmagic Desktop Video software, and the device is connected, but the computer doesn't detect it, check System Preferences | Security and Privacy | General to see if the application has been blocked.