USB Webcam Setup
Webcams are an inexpensive option for getting started with stop-motion animation. They can also be useful as a video assist for still cameras that do not have live view.
Dragonframe should support any UVC compatible (USB Video Class) webcam. UVC is a standard that most webcam manufacturers follow, and they usually list this in the product specifications.
Make sure to test your camera with Dragonframe prior to purchasing a full license.
- Connect your webcam to your computer via a USB cable.
- Launch Dragonframe software on the computer.
- Create a new scene or open an existing scene.
- Launch DF Tether on your device.
Dragonframe will automatically detect it and connect to it.
- Dragonframe will show a video preview using the webcam. (Assuming you have a scene open, per instruction #3 above.)
- Depending on the model, you may have exposure controls, such as gain, brightness, etc.
- Capture JPG or TIFF images directly to the computer.
- Some models provide digital focus in Dragonframe. You can access this by pressing the crosshairs icon in Animation or Cinematography workspaces.